Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cooking Sick

It seems as if i've caught the bug. I don't think it's the flu but I'm definitely feeling pretty terrible.  Sometimes when i'm sick the last thing I feel like doing is eating. I just want to curl up in a ball on my couch and lay for hours on end. I realized that all i've been eating since i've been sick is bread so it was time to cook something healthy.

Yam, Zucchini, and chickpea salad. A definite go-to of mine that is a quick and healthy side dish. It has an amazing tahini and lemon dressing that balances all of the flavors perfectly.  The recipe if from Food52.com one of my favorite recipe resources.
 

Recipe here.

Nothing seems more comforting than soup, so I searched the web and settled on a curried cauliflower soup. It was originally meant to have caramelized onions on top, but I opted out. I think it would have been a perfect addition though. I also baked some bread. BIG moves for me since I have always been weary of yeast. I'm never sure how it's going to work out. My friend Camille swears by the cookbook My Bread: The Revolutionary No-Work, No-Knead Method by Jim Lahey.  I decided to go with the Stecca bread recipe and it turned out PERFECT. Airy with a crispy crust. I made 2 loaves with crushed garlic on top, olive oil, and salt and pepper, and the other 2 with just olive oil and sea salt. This was the perfect meal for a sick Saturday.







and with this delicious post, I'm going to finish watching the Ravens game. GO RAVENS!

No comments:

Post a Comment