Monday, November 12, 2012

Recipe #2: Tomato Scallion Shortcakes with Whipped Goat Cheese

What a relaxing Sunday it was. Woke up bright and early, went on a nice quick run, cleaned the apartment and cooked, cooked, cooked.

Tomato scallion shortcakes with whipped goat cheese was up on the list.  A savory scallion biscuit was the base and was my favorite part. I'll let it be known that tomatoes aren't one of my most beloved foods. In sandwiches i'll pull them out, i'll eat around them in salads, but I try over and over again to love them.  It may just not be in the cards for me.

It was my first time making biscuits and it was surprisingly quick and simple. Breads tend to be intimidating to me, but these biscuits came out really well. Fluffy inside and a nice golden crust. I had a hot biscuit on the side with some butter and it was divine. I also think they'd be really nice for a breakfast sandwich.
Tomato lovers, this recipe is for you. For me? I'm taking away a nice savory biscuit recipe, and the whipped goat cheese was divine.


2 comments: