Sunday, November 11, 2012

Recipe #1: Gingerbread Dutch Baby

What is a dutch baby you ask? I wondered the same thing.
Deb describes it as a mix of a French crepe and an American pancake. I'd say it's the best of both worlds.
This was literally the easiest breakfast to make. As long as you have a blender, the prep is done in less than 5 minutes, and is in the oven in 15. While the dutch baby is in the oven, it gives you the time you need to make a pot of coffee and warm up the syrup.
I made a few substitutions.
I subbed maple syrup for molasses, 2% milk instead of whole, and left out the cloves and ginger and added in a little more cinnamon.

All ingredients are thrown in a blender, then you pour it into a hot buttered cast iron skillet. 15 minutes in the oven and you've got yourself your very own dutch baby. Once out of the oven, I drizzled with some heavy cream and maple syrup. Served alongside a hot cup of coffee, and voila! The ideal fall breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment