Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cook the Book: Smitten Kitchen

So i've always had the want/need to cook through an entire cookbook. The only problem is that I could never find a cookbook that made me want to try every recipe.
Let it be known, the time has come! I have found it.

The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook  by Deb Perelman


I've followed Deb's blog for a while now. She lives in NYC, and creates these perfect recipes in a small city kitchen. Some of the things I love the most about her recipes: simple ingredient list, whole foods, and delicious outcomes.  Every recipe i've made on her blog has turned out flawless.

When I was searching for a new recipe to make the other week I saw that her cookbook had come out and I immediately knew I had to have it. It's under $20 at amazon, but when I saw it at Target at 30% off sticker price, I bought it on the spot. A little more expensive at Target, but worth the immediate satisfaction.

Well, after sifting through the book i've decided this is the one. I'm going to cook the book.
The book has 105 recipes and is broken up into the following:

  • Breakfast
  • Salads
  • Sandwiches, tarts and pizzas
  • The main dish: Vegetarian
  • The main dish: Seafood, poultry, and meat
  • Sweets
  • Party snack and drinks
I'm going to go in no particular order, but i'm going to give myself a goal time of 1 year to complete. I'll make substitutions here and there depending on what I have in my cabinets, but for the most part will try to follow the recipes as is. 

Busting out the apron, it's go time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment